Unveiling the Caribbean Reef Octopus (Octopus briareus), a true wonder of the deep blue. With its captivating presence, mesmerizing coloration, and remarkable intelligence, the Caribbean Reef Octopus is the pinnacle of marine aquarium companions. These enchanting creatures are known for their elegant beauty, curious nature, and their ability to unlock the mysteries of the ocean.
The Caribbean Reef Octopus boasts vibrant coloration that ranges from deep reds to striking shades of brown and blue. Their unique appearance and uncanny problem-solving abilities make them a prized addition to your marine aquarium. Observe their intricate behaviors, including color changes, camouflage, and their unmatched adaptability to various situations, providing a window into their exceptional intelligence.
Caring for a Caribbean Reef Octopus is a rewarding but demanding undertaking. They thrive in a spacious tank with meticulous filtration and a wealth of hiding spots. Their diet should consist of a varied selection of high-quality seafood, such as shrimp, crabs, and small fish. Enrich their environment with puzzles and toys to stimulate their problem-solving skills, making your aquarium a captivating display of oceanic brilliance.
- Tank Size: A sizable tank, typically 100 gallons or more, is necessary to provide ample room for exploration.
- Water Parameters: Maintain a consistent temperature between 72-76°F (22-24°C), a pH level of 8.1-8.4, and a specific gravity of 1.023-1.026.
- Habitat: Design a complex, well-furnished tank with numerous hiding spots, rocks, and caves to replicate a natural environment.
- Feeding: Caribbean Reef Octopuses need a diverse diet, including high-quality seafood like shrimp, crabs, and small fish. Offer food in puzzles or toys to engage their problem-solving abilities.
- Compatibility: To ensure their well-being, house Caribbean Reef Octopuses in a solitary environment to avoid aggression.
**Octopus are seasonal and are normally plentiful from October to March, very rare from March to October.**
** Octopus are EXPERT ONLY, No Guarantee other than Alive Arrival when shipped with one day in transit **
All DOA (Dead on Arrival) Requests must provide photos in the bag, within 1 (one) hour of the package being delivered as reported by UPS, all other DOA Requests will not be honored.