Introducing the Scarlet Hermit Crab (Paguristes cadenati), a vibrant and eye-catching addition to your marine aquarium. With its rich red coloration and unique appearance, these hermit crabs not only add a splash of beauty to your tank but also contribute to a healthy and balanced aquatic ecosystem.
Scarlet Hermit Crabs are distinguished by their striking scarlet red exoskeleton, which makes them a standout in any marine environment. Their bright coloration adds a visual charm to your tank, making them a favorite among aquarists. But their significance goes beyond aesthetics - they are also valuable members of your cleanup crew.
These hermit crabs are efficient scavengers and will actively forage for detritus, algae, and leftover food in your aquarium. Their constant quest for tidbits helps to maintain water quality by preventing the buildup of waste. Scarlet Hermit Crabs are a peaceful and hardworking addition to your tank, easily coexisting with various fish and invertebrates. Bring a touch of vivid color and a clean, thriving environment to your marine aquarium with our Scarlet Hermit Crabs!
- Tank Size: Suitable for a variety of tank sizes, but a minimum of 10 gallons is recommended.
- Water Parameters: Maintain a temperature of 72-78°F (22-26°C), a pH level between 8.1-8.4, and a specific gravity of 1.023-1.025.
- Feeding: Scarlet Hermit Crabs are scavengers and will feed on detritus, algae, and leftover fish food. Provide supplemental food like seaweed or algae wafers to ensure they receive proper nutrition.
- Compatibility: These hermit crabs are generally peaceful and can coexist with a wide range of fish and invertebrates.
- Shells: Ensure a variety of empty shells are available in the tank for them to move into as they grow.
- Maintenance: Regular water changes and monitoring water quality are essential for their well-being.
While widely considered to be reef safe it is advised with caution as it may nip at coral. It may also attack and kill snails for it shells. Be sure to have Empty Shells on hand for them to move into as they grow.
This item is held in an invertebrate only system.