Introducing the captivating Starry Night Octopus (Callistoctopus luteus) a remarkable addition to your aquatic world. With its enchanting appearance and intriguing behavior, this remarkable cephalopod will instantly become the centerpiece of your marine aquarium. The Starry Night Octopus, boasts a mesmerizing celestial appearance with its shimmering blue-black skin and striking white speckles that resemble the night sky.
Our Starry Night Octopuses are perfect for experienced marine enthusiasts. Here are some key features and care requirements to ensure your Starry Night Octopus thrives in your aquarium:
- Astonishing Appearance: The Starry Night Octopus is renowned for its stunning, otherworldly appearance. Its deep blue-black skin adorned with bright white speckles mimics the starry night sky, making it a mesmerizing sight in your tank.
- Intelligent and Inquisitive: These octopuses are highly intelligent and inquisitive creatures. They'll captivate you with their problem-solving skills and curiosity, making them fascinating to observe.
- Perfectly Sized: Our Starry Night Octopuses grow between 8 to 12 inches in length, making them ideal for medium to large marine aquariums. They are shipped much smaller as we try to get the youngest specimens possible.
- A Suitable Tank: Provide a spacious marine aquarium with a minimum capacity of 50 gallons to accommodate the Starry Night Octopus. Ensure it has ample hiding spots, rocks, and caves for them to explore and feel secure. It must also have a tight fitting lid to avoid escape.
- Water Quality: Maintain pristine water quality with proper filtration, regular water changes, and consistent monitoring of salinity, temperature, and pH levels. These octopuses are sensitive to fluctuations in water parameters.
- Temperature and Salinity: Keep the water temperature between 75-78°F (24-26°C) and the salinity level at 1.024-1.026 specific gravity.
- Feeding: Starry Night Octopuses are carnivorous, and their diet primarily consists of fresh or frozen seafood, such as shrimp, crabs, and clams. Ensure you feed them every 2-3 days, offering appropriately sized portions to prevent overfeeding.
- Cautious Handling: Handle your octopus with care, as they can be easily stressed. Avoid sudden movements and loud noises around their tank.
- Tank Mates: Choose tank mates carefully; avoid housing them with aggressive or territorial species. It's best to keep them in a species-specific tank or with peaceful companions like small reef fish.
- Enrichment: Keep your octopus mentally stimulated with puzzles, toys, and hiding spots to prevent boredom and encourage their natural behaviors.
The Starry Night Octopus is a true marvel of the deep sea, and with proper care and attention, it will thrive and become a captivating addition to your underwater world. Take the opportunity to welcome this celestial beauty into your aquarium, and watch as it enchants you with its celestial charm and captivating intelligence.
** Octopus are EXPERT ONLY, No Guarantee other than Alive Arrival **
All DOA (Dead on Arrival) Requests must provide photos in the bag, within 1 (one) hour of the package being delivered as reported by UPS, all other DOA Requests will not be honored.